There often comes a time in life when things come to a head, or they disintegrate and we need to reconstruct things.
A very useful tool to use when this happens is called 'The Wheel Of Life.'
Basically life can be seen as a wheel with 8 spokes:
- Relationships (Family and Friends)
- Romance, including self love
- Personal Growth and Development
- Fun and Recreation
- Your Physical Environment.
Many people also consider spiritual life as another spoke of the Wheel. However I consider it as the sum total of all these 8 areas - in other words, all 8 areas contribute to you and your 'spirit' or general life health.
If you consider the analogy closely, if any of the spokes are different in length then you will have a bumpy ride throughout life. Hence like any diligent mechanic you are constantly tweaking each area of your life to make it better.
The tool says that you go through these areas one by one and give them each a score out of 10. For instance, what is your health like on a scale of 0 to 10?
Once you have done this, add the scores together and give yourself an aggregate score out of 80. You can calculate an percentage if you like. This will give you an overall assessment of your 'spirit.'
Next, consider the area with the lowest score. Think about what you could do to make this a 10 out of 10. Consider such questions as:
- How do you spend your time in this area?
- How would you like to spend time in this area?
- How could you make space to make the changes required?
- Could you make these changes on your own?
- If not, who could you recruit to help you?
- What actions or decisions could you take to make it a 10?
- What would a 10 look like, feel like or sound like?
- Most importantly, what are 3 small things you can commit to doing in the next week that will move you closer to a 10?
Consider these questions carefully. Write down your answers so you have a record of them.
But most importantly, TAKE ACTION!
Do this exercise regularly just like you would take your car to be serviced. Your life will be radically changed! for the better!