In this article we talk about how to crush your limiting beliefs forever.
Life is often more difficult that it seems to be. We tend to face problems and hurdles at every phase of our life. Yet we know that we have to look ahead and pace up.
These hurdles can be in the form of family conflicts, financial problems, health related issues or problems related to adjustment in social life.
All of these can be related to limiting beliefs that stop us from moving ahead.
The basis of this issue is that the smallest experience can create a belief that gradually grows larger.
A lot of the time we tend to become unconscious and direct all our actions in accordance with these beliefs.
These subconscious acts tend to slowly become a part of our character and result in a huge impact on our personality.
Beliefs can be either positive or negative, and whether they are positive or negative, they can also be limiting. That is, we experience them in terms of either things we don't want, or as things we do want.
For instance, a woman may believe that 'All men are bastards', having had a number of negative experiences with men.
But another woman may believe that 'All men are angels and protectors', also based on her individual experiences.
Clearly the negative beliefs we have acquired may or may not serve us.
If a woman wishes to get married, but thinks that all men are bastards, then she will be prejudiced in her selection of men.
Indeed, the belief may cause her to not pursue marriage at all!
Conversely, a woman who believes that all men are angels may end up trapped in a relationship where she is the victim of an abusive partner.
If we want to be successful in life, we need to adopt a 'can do' attitude.
However if we have a 'can't do' attitude we are handicapped even if we do all the right things to achieve our goals.
When facing such obstacles in life, we all have to exhibit perseverance and courage. The stronger we face these obstacles, the lesser they'll become.
There are many ways to deal with obstacles such as limiting beliefs.
Here are 5 such ways.
5 Ways To Crush Your Limiting Beliefs.
- Positive thinking: this is the first step towards clearing your obstacles. The very thought of quitting at the first hurdle will never, ever let you succeed at all.
That's why you need a positive frame of mind at all the times in order to find a solution to the problems and obstacles you face.
Positive thinking not only lets you have a clear thinking, but also makes you focus on what you want to achieve.
A little trick you can use is to to ask yourself "what's the good thing about this?"
- Relax your mind: Tension and stress will never let you succeed in life.
Being tension free will make you focus so that maximum obstacles are eliminated.
Take up meditation to calm the mind and the body.
- Perseverance and persistence. Many times the problem may not solve itself on its own. In this case you will need be patient and wait for results to surface.
This patience and endurance is an experience in itself, which through the test of time, gives you a whole new insight about the essence of the problem.
- Find new opportunities: Dynamism is the key to success, so don‟t wait for opportunities to show up.
Rather, take charge and find new challenges and opportunities in your daily routine work. It would not only make you creative, but would give you lots of determination and strength.
- Inspiration: The element of inspiration is the wish or dream that makes you work harder and overcome obstacles.
Inspiration gives the spark that one need to propel ahead towards a higher future.
Use a technique called 'The Work'. This is a series of questions to ask yourself about your belief:
- Is it true?
- Can you absolutely know that it’s true?
- How do you react when you think that thought?
- Who would you be without the thought?
Then ask the following:
- What if (belief) was not true?
- How would you react if it were not true?
- Who would you be if it were not true?
Take your time answering these questions and you will find that the limits to your beliefs will fall away and you will "Crush" Your Limiting Beliefs.